Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Last Blooms of Summer

This week, I’m hooked on my garden and joining Hooked on Houses for the weekly party. With the cooler temperatures this week, it’s beginning to feel almost like fall here in Louisiana.  But I’m not fooled, I know we have at least several more weeks of warm weather down here! I was enjoying the mild weather earlier this week and noticed a few of my plants were still hanging on to their summer blooms. 

This is the last of the pink blooms on the hydrangeas:IMG_2679

         The rest of the blooms look a little more fall-like:IMG_2680

My Hibiscus and Mexican Petunias are still blooming profusely:IMG_2688

IMG_2683

And I’m happy to report that the two large Gardenia bushes that I transplanted from my friend’s yard are loving their new home and are also still blooming:

IMG_2682

It’s been my goal all summer to get some good photos of the hummingbirds that visit the feeder and I finally got some good shots the other day.  These little fellas are still enjoying multiple doses of sugar-water daily:

IMG_2686IMG_2692IMG_2689

It will be hard to say goodbye to these last blooms (and visitors) of summer, but I’m ready for cooler temperatures and fall decorating.  Oh, and football season of course!!!!

**********************************************************

I’ll be having a special promotion in my Etsy shop Saturday thru Monday.  In honor of Labor Day, the Knotties and Nesties Team (KNETTEAM) is having a Labor Of Love Sale.  Select items in my shop will be 10% off, plus get a free gift with every purchase!

knetlogo (2)

Search for KNETTEAM on Etsy to find other lovely shops participating in the promotion.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend, I’ll be spending mine with family.  Oh, yeah, and definitely watching some COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

IMG_2711

GEAUX TIGERS!!

9 comments:

  1. I think we only had 1 hummingbird... WHAT AN AWESOME in flight pics of hummer, Christy. Your flowers are gorgeous.

    Have a safe & wonderful holiday weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy fall from a secret LSU fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't hummingbirds amazing? Good pictures! And I do love the fall season the best, but it still makes me sad to see summer slipping away.
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photographs look amazing- especially of the hummingbird.

    I enjoyed visiting so much-
    I am now a follower.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comment. I understand about savoring those last days of summer. Although, I'm ready for fall. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photos- cannot believe you captured photos of a hummingbird, amazing...
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of your blooms. We have had cooler mornings in South Florida as well, but when midday comes around it is still steaming hot. I am looking forward to doing some serious gardening again now that it is getting cooler though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about the knotties/nesties on etsy! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails