Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Product Review: Rub-N-Buff

My (blog-less) best friend recently told me about a product she tried and loved.  I’m sure Rub ‘n Buff has been around for a while, but we are just now catching on to it!

rubnbuff

You can pick up a small tube for a few bucks at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, or whatever craft store you have nearby.  According to the manufacturer’s website, “Rub 'n Buff is made from imported carnauba waxes, fine metallic powders, and select pigments.”  Use care when applying (my friend recommends using a paper towel) because it will stain your fingers and possibly your clothing.

My friend used antique gold Rub ‘n Buff on several quick projects and took photos to document the transformations.  The first was this chest that was looking a little plain after she and her husband painted it black.  After highlighting the edges and crevices with Rub ‘n Buff, it was transformed into a show-stopping piece!

chest chest2

Next up was a metal crown wall decor piece that was already gold on one side:

crown But black on the other:

crown2

Since she was going to be hanging this in a wreath on a glass door, the backside would be visible too, so she wanted it to be gold as well.  A simple application of Rub ‘n Buff provided an instant match! crown3

Finally, she used Rub ‘n Buff on  two picture frames.  Even though they were the same frames, she had bought them a couple years apart, so the finishes were slightly different.  Applying the Rub ‘n Buff to highlight the detail made the two frames a perfect match:

rubnbuff2 A little goes a long way with this product.  Even after using it on all of those projects, my friend still has almost the whole tube left!  And the best part is, there is almost no drying time!  Plus, since you apply it with a paper towel or rag, there are no brushes to clean up!  I’m definitely going to pick up a tube for myself soon.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. It sounds like very cool stuff. Now I am sitting here trying to think if I need it RIGHT NOW for something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used it before and it is great. Definitely use a paper towel to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Rub N Buff! It's like magic in a tube :). Glad to see you're having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stuff! I need to grab a tube. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails