Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Decorating With…..Balls?

Do you ever look around your house and notice you have unintentionally incorporated an element into your decorating over and over?  This happened to me the other day in my living room.  All of a sudden I noticed I had about 27 different kinds of decorative balls arranged in various places.  Okay, maybe not 27, but quite a few.  A little decorative repetition may be a good thing, but perhaps I’ve gone a little overboard. Let’s take a look.

A basket of beaded/bean-encrusted balls under the coffee table:

IMG_0761

Mosaic gold glass balls in the candlescape on top of the coffee table:

IMG_0763

I got these on clearance at World Market after Christmas and used them in my Mardi Gras decor and just never moved them.IMG_0762

I even stuck one in the entertainment center:

IMG_0767

Along with a painted fleur de lis ball on the other side of the entertainment center (fueling another one of my obsessions):

IMG_0765

What’s that hidden back there?  Another embellished ball, perhaps the first of my collection.

IMG_0766

And finally, gaze into my crystal ball nestled in the built-in bookcase:

IMG_0768

It’s hard to believe I don’t have any of the twine or moss covered balls that are so popular now!  Honestly, it really doesn’t look that bad unless you start counting all the balls in this one room, but I do think perhaps I should eliminate the ones in the candlescape and save them just for holiday decorating, what do you think?  Care to share any of your repetitive decorating elements?

Edited to add:  Find a great tutorial for making your own decor balls from House of Hepworths over on Blue Cricket Design.

11 comments:

  1. I have to say that when I get obsessed about something it is all over! Unfortunately, they are rather short lived and I usually find something else to get obsessed all about. I don't think that you overdid the balls though. They look great! Especially with the square frames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way, but I am obsessed with Mickey Mouse and my husband has joked that you can find a Mickey Mouse in just about every room of our house! In the kitchen there is the cookie jar, in the bathroom are the gold shower hooks, in my office are the Mickey pencil holder and framed art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone's bound to say it so it might as well be me: I love your balls! =) They are just so pretty anywhere and everywhere!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an obsession for Fleur De Lis'; they are all over my house. My husband cringes everytime I bring another decor pice that has a Fleur De Lis one it. I do have some of the decorative balls placed in my house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look fabulous to me, but I do know what you mean. I tend to have flowers on every table and surface until I stand back and realize that it doesn't look like a home but maybe a bad day of flower deliveries. lol Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great!
    My obession is martini glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all the fluer-de-lis and LA blogs on your roll, I had a hunch you were from LA!!! And I am right! My husband grew up in Lafayette. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when someone else opens up about her obsessions. Your globes are very intriguing. Thanks for stopping by my blog. -- Jane F./

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of a theme, looks good! There is NO theme at all in my house, but we've only been in a house for a year or so. I love all your ideas, so inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decor balls! They are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for adding my blog to your post!! That was really sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails