Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

My “State of the Blog” Address

You may have (or not) noticed that I have pretty much been MIA on this blog for the past few months.  I can come up with all sorts of excuses as to why I haven’t maintained this blog like I did for the first two or three years, but the truth is I just really didn’t have it in me to blog.  It really fell to the last thing on my “to-do” list.  Of course, I have still been reading my long list of favorite blogs and popping in on Facebook and Pinterest, but I haven’t been sharing much here.

I have been struggling lately about what I want to do with this blog, what I want its “purpose” and “message” to be.  I have even thought about just quitting posting altogether.  The blogs I most enjoy reading not only share fun projects, yummy recipes, and useful tips, but also give me a peek into the writer’s life.  So I think I want this blog to become a little more personal in content.  I will still post about whatever home or craft projects I’m working on, what’s new in my Etsy shop, and the occasional recipe or tutorial, but you may also see more personal details and the highs and lows I’m experiencing.  That may consist of long ramblings or short quick posts with just a photo or phrase, who knows!

If you’d like to stick around with me on this journey, I’d love to have you stay on as a follower.  I’ll try to be more regular in my posts, and by “regular” I mean at least once or twice a week!

So, to get started, here are some recent highs…..

LSU beats Georgia to win the 2011 SEC Championship image source

IMG_3902

Spending Christmas with our niece & nephew

photo (2)

Plenty of snuggles with Gidget

and some recent lows….

LSU loses the National Championship to THAT team and THAT coach! BOO, HISS!!

 image source  image source

The San Francisco 49ers Celebrate

The Saints win the NFC South division, but lose to the 49ers in the Playoffs image source

So that’s where I’m at.  Who knows what 2012 has in store for all of us!

3 comments:

  1. Coming from another Louisiana girl, I am excited to get a peek in to other aspects of your life!!! Love the HoneyBadger pic.... And *boo, hiss* to "THAT team" winning the BCS game. My hubs went in to mourning for about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya on all of the above and you are a better person than me I wouldnt have even been able to post a pic of THAT team much less THAT coach on my blog...but life goes on..

    ON TO BASEBALL SEASON!! GEAUX TIGERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still reading! But I totally understand as I am not posting as often I would like to (or should) because I am often uninspired and busy! :)

    like Lauren just said- I wouldn't have even been able to post pics of those horrible two games.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails